As AACY awareness and reach increases through its affiliates and partnerships, there is a growing need to help scale its impact on this under-served population through an expanded network of supporters and advisers. As opportunities materialize in the areas of education, awareness, research and/or services the ability to have a group of supporters and experts that can provide additional feedback and perspective will enable AACY to continue to deliver robust high value services. To do this, AACY is establishing a more formal network of advisers that can bring additional expertise, perspective, robust guidance on the development and execution of innovative resources targeted to support the population served by the AACY. The goals of such a network / council are as follow:
- Provide ongoing support for the objectives of the AACY.
- Provide specific expertise and knowledge into the development and execution of priority initiatives sponsored by the AACY in the areas of education, awareness, research and direct services.
- Review and provide feedback on content and technical components of priority programs and initiatives.
- Serve as a resource to increase awareness of the needs of this under-served population.
- Serve as a resource to promote the value that AACY brings to this under-served population.