Policy on Collection and Use of Personal Information
The American Association of Caregiving Youth® (AACY) values and respects an individual's right to keep certain Personal Information private. Likewise, the AACY values the need to collect and use Personal Information that will enable the AACY to effectively deliver products and services leading to improving the lives of Youth Caregivers and those being cared for. AACY neither collects nor stores personal information on its website.
"Personal Information" is "Demographic Information" and/or "Medical Information" which identifies a specific individual with a minimal degree of effort. Demographic Information includes name, address, city and other similar information. Medical Information includes diseases, treatments, lifestyle behaviors, family history, and other similar information. Transactional Information is data collected on an individual based on the individuals' interactions with the AACY. Aggregate Information is information in summary form that does not contain data that would permit the identification of a specific individual.
AACY Collection of Personal Information
The AACY will collect Personal Information on an individual only if the individual provides the information to the AACY. The AACY may also collect Aggregate Information (in which no one person is identified) for research and service improvement purposes.
The AACY also respects the privacy of a child and does not collect any more personal information than necessary to enable him or her to participate in the activities the AACY offers at this Web site. In fact, the AACY is prohibited from conditioning a child's participation in an activity on the child's disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity.
With respect to the AACY's online information collection practices from children under 13 years of age at this website, it collects the following types of personal information directly from children online: first and last name, age, e-mail address and school name.
Please note you may consent to the above collection and use without necessarily consenting to the disclosure of personal information to third parties. A permission slip to authorize the collection of data has not yet been finalized.
With respect to the collection by other organizations of personal information from a child, the AACY does not have any agreements, nor does it intend to have any agreements with outside organizations to collect personal information at this website.
AACY Use of Personal Information
* When an individual provides Personal Information to the AACY, the AACY may use the Personal Information for its programs, research and fundraising.
* It is conceivable that from time to time, there is a benefit in allowing a third party to use collected Personal Information on individuals. However, unless an individual gives permission, the AACY will not allow any third party to use Personal Information collected by the AACY.
* The AACY uses and allows third parties to use Aggregate Information for research purposes for the development or implementation of its programs, products and services.
* The AACY uses Transactional Information for research purposes for the development or implementation of its programs, products and services. Since Transactional Information is highly proprietary, it will not be disclosed to third parties.
* The AACY will disclose all information as required by law.
* If the individual requests, the AACY will not use that individual's Personal Informationl.
* All Personal Information collected on individuals will be kept confidential and in a secure environment.
* Access to Personal Information will be restricted to only those personnel with a legitimate AACY business purpose.
* The AACY owns all Personal Information provided to it by individuals.
Scientific Research Requirements
* Any research funded by, or in which the AACY participates, that involves human subjects (e.g., information collected on individuals) must conform ethically to the guidelines prescribed by the National Institutes of Health; this includes obtaining informed consent from each individual.
Third Party Disclosure Requirements
* Permission is required before the AACY discloses Personal Information to a third party.
* No permission is necessary for Aggregate Information, since Aggregate Information does not identify a specific individual.
* For disclosure of Demographic Information, the AACY as a minimum will use the "Opt-Out" approach. An "opt-out" is obtained when the AACY, through some correspondence, gives an individual an opportunity to decline or "opt-out" of disclosures to third parties. If the individual does not opt out, permission is deemed granted.
* Depending upon the nature of an activity or project, a higher standard than "opt-out" may be used, such as "opt-in" whereby an individual must affirmatively give consent before information is disclosed.
Need more information? Contact us at.
American Association of Caregiving Youth (AACY)
1515 N. Federal Hwy. #218
Boca Raton, FL 33432